| Fair Chairs
For the last 70 years, the Brick Church Fair rings in the start of the Christmas season at The Brick Church. Whether you’re a new member or a long-time Fair aficionado, everyone enjoys the fellowship, merriment and holiday spirit of this long-time event.
The Fair began in 1943 as an opportunity for Brick Church members to raise funds for needy organizations in the neighborhood and extending to East Harlem. Today we still raise funds for those who lives we can help. We encourage everyone to “shop for a cause” at the Fair because a percentage of all the money spent goes to our outreach grant program.
The Brick Church Fair is held every year in November and is a three-day event with vendors, an opening night party, entertainment, a family night with Santa Claus, a toddlers’ morning music program and lots more.
If you would like to be part of the team of volunteers that makes this event a great success every year, please fill out the volunteer interest form.
Throughout the year the following events are held as part of the Fair:
1. The Spring Boutique – Usually held in April, this is a two-day boutique with special vendors for the Spring shopping season.
2. The Spring and Fall Rummage Sales – our famous two-day rummage sales are held every year in April and October. The 2018 Spring Rummage Sale will be Friday, April 13 and Saturday, April 14. On Friday, the hours are 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. On Saturday the hours are 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
3. The Children’s Fair – this street Fair, sponsored by The Brick Church School, is held every year in late September or early October. Children enjoy rides, booths, games and entertainment.
4. The Winter Dinner Dance and Silent Auction - Held each year on a Friday evening in late January, February, or early March; these two events are together the finale of the Brick Church Fair and an opportunity to thank everyone involved.
5. Fair Kick-off: The Fair Chairs invite Brick Church women to join them at the annual Fair kickoff themed party in June. Enjoy fellowship, meet Fair and committee chairs, and learn how to help at the Fair.