The third and present main church building on Park Avenue (left, above), designed by the renowned New York architectural firm of York and Sawyer, was completed in 1940. As was the first building, from which the congregation derived its name, it is also constructed of red brick in the federal style. The interior of the sanctuary, painstakingly restored in 2004 and 2005, is in the exuberant and highly decorative style of the great Scottish architect, Robert Adam. It consists of two stories plus the tower, which extends three additional stories, a basement and a sub-basement. The floor area of this portion of the church buildings is about 26,000 square feet. The pews accommodate approximately 600 people in the nave and another 70 in the balcony. A Verdin Digital Carillon is installed in the tower, as well as a historic bell. In 2005, a new 4-manual, 118 rank Casavant Frères pipe organ was installed in the Sanctuary. In the sub-basement there is a large kitchen and a gathering space named Watson Hall, with a stage and a general purpose area that accommodates 277 people.
The Chapel of the Reformed Faith was completed in 1952 and seats 65 on the main floor. There was a two-manual Guilbault-Therien mechanical action organ built and installed in 1996. The floor area is approximately 4,000 square feet. The chapel displays symbols and names associated with the history of the Reformed faith. To learn more about the history and the makeup of The Chapel of the Reformed Faith, you can view a more indepth booklet in PDF format here: Chapel Booklet.
The New Parish House on 92nd Street was built in 1949. The floor area is approximately 16,500 square feet with four stories, plus a roof playground and a basement. There are six large classrooms used by both The Brick Church School and Sunday Church School that can accommodate 120 or more children. There is also a reception area, several offices, a kitchen and a meeting room named in honor of Louise Carnegie, wife of Andrew and former member of the congregation.
The Old Parish House, also on 92nd Street, is adjacent and interconnected with the New Parish House. It is a converted private residence of seven stories with a basement. Several classrooms, used by both The Brick Church School and Sunday Church School, are in this building, as well as the pastors’ offices and other administrative staff offices.
In addition to the above buildings, the church owns three residences, traditionally called “manses,” in the neighborhood of the church for use by the pastors.