The purpose of The Brick Presbyterian Church website, including all church publications that are posted on the website is to:
- Serve as a convenient and timely source of information about Brick Church’s mission, outreach, and programs for the congregation and the surrounding community;
- Provide links to the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) and other affiliated organizations;
- Connect members and visitors to our Social Media pages: Facebook (@BrickChurchNYC), Twitter (@BrickChurchNYC), Instagram (@BrickChurchNYC), and LinkedIn (Brick Church Communications);
- Connect members and visitors to The Brick Church School;
- Provide information to prospective new members or those contemplating attending worship or joining the church;
- Provide content to visitors and members including, but not limited to:
- information about the organizational structure of the church;
- a list of church staff (name, area of responsibility and email);
- a list of officers and committee chairs;
- information about the church’s various ministries and associated activities;
- links to third party sites that support the church’s various ministries and associated activities;
- other mission-related content;
- pictures and videos;
- Livestream and select recorded video presentations.
Purpose of Social Media at The Brick Presbyterian Church. The information provided through Brick Church’s social media includes, but is not limited to:
- information and promotions for church programs, events, special services and schedule changes;
- information regarding events and other activities happening in the local community or in connection with PC(USA);
- This information can include links to The Brick Church’s website, third party websites or relevant documents, pictures and videos.
- If a visitor or member posts a photo and tags our social handles and/or uses hashtag – we have the right to use that photo on our feed or on our website in a responsible way to promote and educate about the ministries of The Brick Presbyterian Church.
Images and Voice. By participating in a program or attending an event of The Brick Presbyterian Church, image(s) and/or voice(s) of participant(s) may be used, reproduced and/or modified for use as publicity in a variety of media including, but not limited to, print, video, photographic, social media and sound recordings, some or all of which may be available on the Internet. The Brick Presbyterian Church will not identify individuals in external media publications. Children and youth names and contact information will not be listed. If any adult asks that his/her contact information not be listed, the general church phone/email will be used. Any contact information obtained through the Brick Church website or other Brick Church accounts are for communication purposes only. No contact information will be used for commercial purposes nor given to any businesses, commercial or nonprofit. All images on the Brick Church website and in Brick Church publications are copyrighted and cannot be used without consent.
Church Directory. The Brick Presbyterian Church Directories are password-protected and restricted to members of the church who must be registered on the website.
Concerns and Celebrations. Concerns and celebrations related to members of the congregation will not be posted on the website, on social media. Notices of funeral or memorial services can be sent by email.
Links: Website and Social Media Accounts. All sites and accounts affiliated with The Brick Presbyterian Church may periodically contain links to third-party sites intended to provide additional information about church mission or activities. Linked sites are not under the control of The Brick Presbyterian Church and the church is not responsible for the contents of any linked site, any link contained in a linked site or any changes or updates to such sites. The church provides links as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement of the site’s content by The Brick Presbyterian Church. We reserve the right to use email links to allow users to contact the church staff and others responsible for various activities that take place through or at the church.
Outside Advertising. The Brick Presbyterian Church in the City of New York does not endorse, or accept, any outside advertising on its website or social media platforms.
Any questions/concerns about this Web Policy? Email email@example.com; contact by phone at (212) 289-4400 ext. 232; or send mail to The Brick Presbyterian Church in the City of New York, 62 East 92nd Street, New York, New York, 10128.