A Year of Renewal
Stewardship 2020 – 2021
Your gifts are critical to maintaining our beautiful worship services, our education and faith formation of all ages, and our mission work to those in need.
We are grateful that we can continue providing connection to God through our worship services and our online ministries. Stewardship support provides over half of the financial resources of our church, and we thank you for helping us now and always. Thank you for making a difference in the lives of thousands of people through the work of the church.
During this time when we are unable to engage in public worship, we appreciate your gifts and offerings through the mail and electronically.
As we kick of a new program year, we are excited to welcome Rev. Dr. Thomas Evans to lead us in our vision toward the work of the Lord. Thank you for doing your part to support this work:
- Worship & Music – weekly Sunday and Wednesday church services, the Chancel Choir, sacred music programs and our Livestream service reaching hundreds of viewers.
- Children & Youth Ministries – a thriving urban Sunday Church School program, our 8th grade Confirmation Class, our middle school Pioneers; our High School Youth Group, our annual summer Mission. Faith formation for our youth provides a deep foundation of faith and emotional resilience.
- Adult Education – classes, seminars and retreats that allow the congregation to grow in the understanding of the Bible and Theology, the History of Christianity, Church & Society, and the application of Christianity to daily life.
- Inreach and Outreach – healing our community within and outside of the church, through pastoral care, prayer and healing services and financial and volunteer support providing thousands of meals, toiletry kits and clothing to families; housing and feeding 65 individuals with mental illness; housing, feeding and providing vocational training to 50 homeless young adults; and supporting and assisting home-bound, isolated elderly with thousands of meals per day and other services.
- Fellowship – Coming together in faithfulness during our Summer Barbecues, Strawberry Festival, Park Avenue Tree Lighting, and Men’s and Women’s Associations. Through our time together, we develop a community of support through which we form bonds that bring us together in both good and challenging times.
Please use the pledge form below or email email@example.com. As always, feel free to call Linda Thompson at (212) 289-4400 x230 with any questions. Thank you for your continued generous support!