Sunday Morning Worship Task Force Announcement
In-person Worship is at 11 a.m.
and will be livestreamed at that time.
All Other Programming Continues Virtually
On Wednesday, Sept. 2, the Board of Session approved a proposal by the Sunday Morning Worship Task Force to begin in-person worship starting on Oct. 4 in compliance with all State and local regulations. The Task Force has two primary goals: 1) the safety of our congregation during in-person worship and 2) the return, in a safe manner, to the most meaningful in-person worship experience that is possible.
In keeping with these goals, the Task Force offers the following information:
Description of Worship
Our initial return to worship in the sanctuary will be different in the following ways:
- Masks will be required (only to be removed briefly for self-served communion);
- Worshippers will sit over 6 feet apart, limiting attendance to approximately 100;
- Overflow seating (non-reservation) will be in Watson Hall;
- There will be no congregational singing;
- There will be no choir – there will be a soloist or instrumentalist for some services;
- All attendees will be screened at the door for COVID-19 symptoms;
- The service is expected to last 40– 45 minutes.
Instructions for Attending
1) Evaluate your own health – We ask people with the following conditions to consider the continuation of remote worship only at this time:
- known active heart disease (esp. congestive heart failure and/or cardiomyopathy)
- known lung disease (esp. emphysema or COPD)
- known immune compromised state or on immune suppression drugs
- active cancer diagnosis and/or on chemotherapy
- active smoker or e-cigarette user
2) Reserve your seats for worship – registration opens Sunday afternoon for the next Sunday. Go to the links at the bottom of this page or use the link in the weekly emails to reserve a seat for each guest in your party. Please indicate if you need accommodations for a wheelchair. Note: You will receive an email confirmation of your reservation.
3) Complete the Sunday Morning Health Screen – a link to the health screen form will be emailed to you on Sunday morning prior to worship. Please complete the form, which includes a temperature screen and COVID questions, then press SUBMIT. You will receive a FASTPASS email confirmation by email that you can show to the greeters. Note: If you are unable to submit the health screen prior to worship, you may complete it at the greeting table at church. IF YOU HAVE SYMPTOMS, please enjoy our 11 a.m. Livestream worship.
4) Bring your FASTPASS email confirmation to worship by phone or paper copy to bypass the greeting table. TAKE YOUR TEMPERATURE AT THE KIOSK and proceed into the Sanctuary Narthex. Note: Please arrive at Brick Church by 10:45 a.m. for our 11 a.m. service.
5) An usher will seat you – an usher will greet you at the door to the sanctuary and take you to the next available seating for your party. Note: The Chapel simulcast will be playing for anyone who needs to exit worship for any reason and seats will be marked for social distancing.
6) Following worship – exit through the door you entered with continued 6’ social distancing. Note: Restroom facilities are available on the mezzanine. Those needing assistance will be directed to the Session Room facility. Entrance or exit through the Parish House is not permitted at this time.
Questions regarding this process may be directed to Christopher Allen
. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Sign up for in-person worship:
April 11, 2021 In-Person Worship Registration
April 18, 2021 In-Person Worship Registration
April 25, 2021 In-Person Worship Registration
May 2, 2021 In-Person Worship Registration
May 9, 2021 In-Person Worship Registration
May 16, 2021 In-Person Worship Registration
May 23, 2021 In-Person Worship Registration
May 30, 2021 In-Person Worship Registration
June 6, 2021 In-Person Worship Registration
June 13, 2021 In-Person Worship Registration
June 20, 2021 In-Person Worship Registration
June 27, 2021 In-Person Worship Registration